What is a Watchlist?
A watchlist is a list of pages that you want to keep tabs on. When pages on your watchlist are changed, Beachapedia will alert you so that you can check out the changes.
How am I alerted to changes?
Beachapedia can alert you a number of ways when pages on your watchlist are changed.
- It can display a banner on the page the next time you access the site
- The Recent Changes page will also display changes to pages on your watchlist in bold
- The software can also send you an email when changes are made to pages that are on your watchlist
Why would I want to watch a page?
There are a number of reasons to watch a page:
- If a page falls within your area of expertise, and you want to make sure that the content is staying accurate
- If a page was mostly written by you, and you want to keep tabs on corrections or edits made to your text
- If a page is directly related to you, like your User Page or your User Talk Page
Editing Your Watchlist
You can access and edit your watchlist at any time. Pages can be removed from your watchlist on the watchlist page. The easy way to add a page to your watchlist is to select "Watch" from the drop-down menu next to the "View History" link at the top of any page.